THE EFFECT OF PROVIDING CONTRACEPTIVE EDUCATION ON THE NOWLEDGE LEVEL OF REPRODUCTIVE AGE COUPLES IN THE WORKING AREA OF PARIAMAN PUBLIC HEALTH CENTER
Prasetyaningsih, Setia Nisa
STIKes Piala Sakti Pariaman, Jl. Diponegoro, Kp Pondok, Pariaman Tengah, West Sumatera, 25512, Indonesia
*Prasetyaningsih, STIKes Piala Sakti Pariaman, Jl. Diponegoro, Kp Pondok, Pariaman Tengah, West Sumatera, 25512, Indonesia
The distribution of knowledge frequency owned by fertile women couples after giving contraceptive education. Table 2 indicates that 90% of respondents have high level of knowledge.
Table 2: The distribution of knowledge frequency owned by fertile women couples after given contraceptive education
The effect of providing contraceptive education on the knowledge level of reproductive age couples in the working area of Pariaman Public Health Center.
Based on table 3 above, it is obtained that the average knowledge of reproductive women before given contraceptive education is 44,56 with 15,38 of standard deviation while after given contraceptive education obtained 61,26 with 12,14 standard deviation. It shows the difference of mean values before and after given contraceptive education is 16,70 with 10,99 of standard deviation. The results of statistical tests obtained P value = 0.000.
Table 3: The effect of providing contraceptive education on the knowledge level of reproductive age couples in the working area of Pariaman Public Health Center.
- Ministry of Health. The Ministry Strategic Plan 2015-2019. Jakarta: Ministry of Health of the Republic of Indonesia; 2015.
- Ministry of Health. 2014. Indonesia Health Profile 2013. Jakarta: Ministry of Health of the Republic of Indonesia
- Ministry of Health of the Republic of Indonesia . 2015. Technical Guidelines for Using Maternal and Child Health Books. Jakarta: Department of Health and JICA
- Department of Health RI. 2010. Principles of MCH Program Management. Jakarta: Department of Health RI.
- Basic Health Research. (2013). Indonesia Agency for Health Research and Development. 2013
- BKKBN. 2013. Monitoring of Fertile Age Couples through the Indonesian Mini Survey. Jakarta: BKKBN.
- BKKBN. 2015. Profile of Population and Development in Indonesia. Jakarta: BKKBN
- Affandi Biran (2014). Practical Handbook of Contraception Services. Jakarta:PT Bina Pustaka Sarwono Prawiroharjo
- Kaseuntung, C., 2015. The effect of health education on knowledge of women of childbearing age (WUS) in the choice of contraception in Kalama Tanah Village, Tamako District, Sangihe Islands. e-journal Nursing (e-Kp)Volume 3 No 3 August 2015
- Yanti G, Handayani S (2014). The Relationship between Knowledge and Attitudes with the Implementation of MAL in Post-natal Women in the Work Area of the Community Health Center, Sukoharjo District, Lampung. Dissertation
- Kurniawati, T. 2014. Textbook on Population and Family Planning Services. Jakarta: EGC
- BKKBN, 2011. Family Data Collection Results Profile 2011. Jakarta: National Population and Family Planning Board, Directorate of Reporting and Statistics.
- Notoatmodjo, 2012 Soekidjo. Health Promotion and Behavior. Jakarta. Rineka Cipta
- Lucie, S. 2005. Counseling and Community Empowerment Techniques. Bogor : Ghalia Indonesia Publisher
- Bakhtiar, Amsal, 2012. Science Philosophy, PT Raja Grafindo Persada, Cetakan Kesebelas Medika, Jakarta
- Mulyani S.N, and Rinawati M. 2013. Family Planning and Contraception. Yogyakarta: Nuha Medika
- Irianto, Koes. (2014). Family Planning Services. Bandung : Alfabeta Publisher
- Wiknjosastro, H. 2010. Contraception. Midwifery science. Jakarta: Yayasan Bina Pustaka Sarwono Prawirohardjo
- Hartanto (2010). Family Planning and Contraception. Sinar Harapan, Jakarta
- Marmi. (2016). Family Planning Services Textbook. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar
- Sugiyono. (2017). Quantitative, Qualitative, and R & D Research Methods. Bandung : Alfabeta, CV.
- Nursalam. (2011). The Concept and Application of the Nursing Science Research Methodology. Jakarta : Salemba Medik
- Alfian, N R. (2019) Contraceptive Counseling on Knowledge Levels of Women in Fertile Age. HIGEIA 3 (2).
- Pazol et al (2015) Impact of Contraceptive Education on Contraceptive Knowledge and Decision Making Am J Prev Med 2015;49(2S1):S46– S56 Published by Elsevier Inc. on behalf of American Journal of Preventive Medicine.
- Oviana (2016) Counseling about KB towards the Increasing Knowledge in Fertile Age Couples (PUS). Jurnal Kesehatan Perintis (Perintis’s Health Journal) Volume 3 no. 1