Palatal peripheral ossifying fibroma in 10yr old child: A Case Report
Dr. Sejal S. Shah(BDS), Dr. Priyanka Agarwal(BDS), Dr. Nilesh Rathi* (MDS), Dr. Apurva Borde(BDS)
Department of Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry, Dr. D. Y. Patil Dental College & Hospital, Sant Tukaram Nagar, Pimpri, Pune, Maharashtra, India -411018.
*Dr. Nilesh Rathi (MDS), Head of the Department and Professor, Department of Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry, Dr. D. Y. Patil Dental College & Hospital, Sant Tukaram Nagar, Pimpri, Pune, Maharashtra, India-411018.
Figure 1 and 2: Visible lump from front view and it’s interference between the bite
Figure 3: Palatal view of the lesion.
Figure 4: Maxillary radiograph showing ill-defined Radiopacity.
Figure 6: Palatal view of surgical site 3 days after surgery
Figure 7: Palatal view of surgical site showing satisfactory healing 20 days after surgery
Figure 8: Palatal view of site after 6 month follow up
- John RR, Kandasamy S, Achuthan N. Unusually large-sized peripheral ossifying fibroma. Ann Maxillofac Surg 2016; 6:300-3.
- Kumar SK, Ram S, Jorgensen MG, Shuler CF, Sedghizadeh PP. Multicentric peripheral ossifying fibroma. J Oral Sci 2006; 48:239-43.
- C. Shetty, A. B. Urs, P. Ahuja, A. Sahu, A. Manchanda, and Y. Sirohi, “Mineralized components and their interpretation in the histogenesis of peripheral ossifying fibroma,” Indian Journal of Dental Research, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 56–61, 2011.
- R. Eversole and S. Rovin, “Reactive lesions of the gingiva,” Journal of oral pathology, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 30–38, 1972.
- Bhaskar SN, Jacoway JR. Peripheral fibroma and peripheral fibroma with calcification: report of 376 cases. J Am Dent Assoc 1966; 73(6):1312–20.
- Cuisia ZE, Brannon RB. Peripheral ossifying fibroma--a clinical evaluation of 134 pediatric cases. Pediatr Dent. 2001 May-Jun;23(3):245-8. PMID: 11447957.